Twitter; andrymey

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 31, 2010

    Neck Pain

    My neck has been hurting for the longest time.

    I'm looking for the source of this excruciating neck pain. I've come to the conclusion that it must be either my computer chair or my bed.

    My computer chair's back tends to fall off, and if I lean back far enough with the chair's back on the ground, then this would scratch my back. The chair also does not have an arm rest which my be crucial for neck support.

    I have a bunk bed so the bars underneath the mattress protrude into the mattress, which causes lumps when I'm laying down. Not only does it cause me pain, but it ruins the mattress.

    My next priority is to get both a new bed frame and computer chair. The best I know to shop for furniture is Ikea; pictures of what I want are below.




    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    In my experience as a physical therapist, most headaches and neck pain are due to the shoulder blades sitting too low on the trunk. I know this may sound odd but, to put it simply, there are muscles attaching from the shoulder blade directly to the first four neck vertebrae and skull. When the shoulders sit too low, these muscles then pull on the neck bones and skull causing neck pain and headaches.
    Here's a quick, simple test to see if this is a contributing cause of your headaches. If you're having right-sided neck pain or headaches, raise your right hand and place it flat on top of your head for 20 seconds. Make sure your head doesn't side-bend or rotate to achieve this. If your pain diminished after this test, then your scapula may be sitting too low causing your discomfort. This is easily correctable. This is also the culprit in diagnoses such as thoracic outlet syndrome and carpal tunnel syndrome. I've just written a book about fixing neck pain and headaches using an approach based on this mechanical connection to the shoulder and neck. It has been very effective over the last few years and I think is worth a try if you haven’t found the answers you are seeking.
    I’ve also posted this test on YouTube, if you’re interested.
    Rick Olderman

    Polls Section, Below!

    Wooo, this is where everything counts -- Opinion !

    The lower the poll down the page, the older it is.
    Just hover over the question to see all the words.
    If it's a square, you can select more than one answer.
    It it's a circle, you can only select one answer.



    Well, let's get the polls goin' ! :]

    Old Posts.

    Want to look at my old posts? Click on the drop-down menu.

    Blog Archive! [My old posts]

    Random check of readers.

    Who should be president?

    HIlary Supporters. Who will they vote for?

    McCain - Choosing a female VP, a bad choice?

    Which Instant Messenger?

    Honda vs. Toyota

    Have you ever owned a game boy?

    Which is cooler?

    Sprite vs. 7 up

    Coke vs. Pepsi

    Which is more tasty?

    Where is the best place to train?

    Which English speaking country?

    Erm. How is the blog now?

    Yahoo Vs. Google

    Which guild is better?

    So far, How is the blog? 1 - 5

    What type of music do you listen to?